Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Norman: The Greatest Character in Any Movie

If I ever recommended a movie to someone based solely on one character, it would be "Yes Man." This character is hilarious, and, in my opinion, kind of saves an otherwise mediocre movie. And for those of you who have yet to see it, I'm not talking about Jim Carey's character (Carl). I'm talking about "Norman," Carl's fearless leader on the front line of finance.

I think the great thing about Norman is that he embodies characteristics of every poser you've ever known - in addition to other nerdy qualities.
  • He tries to be his employees' best friend
  • He throws theme parties
  • He talks big
  • And many, many more!
Here's a clip of him answering his door at one of those theme parties:


The clip I wanted to use is, unfortunately, unavailable to embedded, but you can check it out by clicking here. (FYI: There are just a couple swears)

Anyway, he's hilarious, and I recommend the movie on because of his performance.

2 comments:

  1. I also found this movie hilarious...except for the grandma scene. It made me want to scrub my brain clean of the image with a toothbrush...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Melanie. I completely forgot about this scene. I suppose I probably blocked it out mentally. I remember that scene giving me the CA-reepers and/or the heebie-jeebies. So on second thought, I would NOT recommend it. Watch the clips, or wait for it to come on TV.

    ReplyDelete